We present the case of a 29-year-old man with mutation-positive Duchenne muscular dystrophy and mutation-positive hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. His cardiac phenotype has characteristics of both disorders; he manifests sub-epicardial left ventricular free wall late gadolinium enhancement that is consistent with Duchenne cardiomyopathy, as well as asymmetric ventricular septal hypertrophy, hyperdynamic left ventricular systolic function, and septal mid-myocardial late gadolinium enhancement, which are characteristic of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy.
- Duchenne muscular dystrophy
- cardiac magnetic resonance imaging
- hypertrophic cardiomyopathy
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Pediatrics, Perinatology, and Child Health
- Cardiology and Cardiovascular Medicine