Emulsions of perfluorotributylamine (FTBA) and perflubron were evaluated for their utility in 19F echo planar imaging. Fluorine images of the emulsions were obtained in a phantom and two mice that had been predosed. Both agents, but particularly perflubron, show potential for fluorine echo planar studies because of the long spin-spin relaxation times of the CF3 resonances. High resolution thin slice images obtained in as little as 26.6 ms are presented.
- Echo planar imaging (EPI)
- F nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR)
- Perfluorooctylbromide (PFOB)
- Perfluorotributylamine (FTBA)
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Biomedical Engineering
- Radiology Nuclear Medicine and imaging