We report the case of a 48-year-old woman presenting with recurrent uterine leiomyosarcoma (LMS) associated with right iliac vein and inferior vena cava (IVC) invasion and left lower lobe pulmonary tumor embolus. Because the prognosis and treatment differ from that of thrombotic pulmonary emboli, the differentiating imaging characteristics of intravascular tumor embolism are reviewed. To our knowledge, only two other cases of intravenous uterine leiomyosarcomatosis have been described in the existing literature, and this is the first reported case of the entity with associated intravascular tumor embolism.
- Intravascular tumor embolism
- Intravenous leiomyomatosis
- Intravenous leiomyosarcomatosis
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Radiology Nuclear Medicine and imaging
- Cardiology and Cardiovascular Medicine